Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Square Wizard

Here is The Square Wizard. This a small bowl wizard freehand tobacco pipe that plays around with squares. The stem is a bamboo piece and the the tenon is reinforced with brass. The stem is not quite as long as my other churchwarden pipes but is sufficiently longer than a standard pipe stem.

I have been smoking british blend tobacco out of the "Bamboo Churchwarden" myself for several months now, testing out the the strength and quality of the bamboo as a stem material and have found it holds up well and is an enjoyable texture in the mouth.




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been searching the web for pipes made with Bamboo stems (not roots). This is the first that I have found that has used the above ground part of the bamboo plant. I like your comments about the bamboo and will also use a brass tube to reinforce the connection between the bamboo and the mortice into the pipe.
    The shape of your pipe is unique, and I think it looks very nice. My attempts at making pipes form local native woods is progressing slowly, but I have already collected a large supply of Oak, Sycamore, Cedar Elm and Pecan.

    ReplyDelete