Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Lucky Pipe

I've made a couple pipes in honor of the upcoming St. Patrick's day. This tobacco pipe is the first that I am posting. The most striking feature is obviously the bowl shape. After having experimented with square bowls I feel pretty confident in using other shapes. So this is my first attempt at a four leaf clover. It might also remind one of a bubble pipe design which we all had as children. 

This Pipe also has a green hue which is the result of using both a blue dye and a light walnut dye. I removed more dye than I usually do, allowing the grain to really shine through and there is some beautiful grain to show off. 




2 comments:

  1. I'm putting this picture up on the blog for the St. Patrick's day recap, if that's ok. I'll link back here.

    ReplyDelete